Gone are the days that we who choose to travel alone are penalized with a dreaded “single supplement” and instead resorts and hotels are wooing us with great deals and incentives.
Get out this summer as the New England Inns & Resorts Association has collected wonderful packages that will entice us to come and explore all the wonderful joys of the region.
Solo Traveler Packages offering a wide range of packages along with nearly 250 of the finest inns, resorts, hotels, and B&Bs in the New England region await us with a wide range of accommodations to satisfy all our needs.
Solo Travel offerings vary by property, and we can find the New England vacation that suits us best. Sample packages include:
- Solo Rider Equestrian Vacation (Mountain Top Inn & Resort, Chittenden, VT) – Equestrian enthusiasts will love this special package for solo riders. Available for all skill levels, it’s a great way to learn the basics, improve current skills, relearn the sport and meet new friends while vacationing in the Green Mountains of Vermont! The package includes three nights lodging in a Classic Lodge Room, hearty Vermont breakfast each morning, six (6) hours of guided trail rides, use of the Resort’s facilities including the fitness center, outdoor pool, hot tub, private lake-front beach, hiking trails, kayaks, canoes, tennis court and more. Valid June through October package starts at just $850 for single occupancy, nearly 30% off the regular rate. Tax and resort charge included.
- Secret Cove Package (Stage Neck Inn, York Harbor, ME) – Includes deluxe accommodations in your choice of deluxe guest rooms, hot breakfast, a gift bag of some of the General Manager’s favorite products and a ticket to the Museums of Old York’s 24th Annual Decorator Show House SECRET COVE. Taxes and additional service charges apply, subject to availability. Mention NEIRA when booking. Starts at $316 per night. Available July 13 – August 15, 2013.
- Renew Package (Nantasket Beach Resort, Hull, MA) –This package includes hotel accommodations at a 20% discount, dinner on the outdoor patio or inside at the oceanfront Paragon Grill and breakfast the next morning. Complimentary beach chair and towel rental included! Relax, read and rejuvenate while enjoying the splendor of Nantasket Beach. Promotion code RNEW. Valid through August 31, 2013. Rates range from $141 -$261 per night. Taxes not included.
- Solo Serenity Package (Orleans Waterfront Inn, Orleans, MA) – Enjoy the serenity of traveling beautiful Cape Cod, MA with a beautiful room in the Historic Waterfront Sea Captain’s Mansion on Nauset Harbor, breakfast each morning and a $25 dining credit towards dinner or lunch. Also includes a ticket for the Dolphin Fleet Whale Watch, to see an up close and personal view of the great living giants of the sea. Solo travelers will appreciate the availability to bike, walk or kayak right from the Inns front door. Rooms start at $250 a night.
- Solo Traveler Special (Inn at Ocean’s Edge, Lincolnville, ME) – Solo travelers are sure to love this wonderful, mid-coast Maine getaway, as there are plenty of opportunities for social engagement, relaxation and wonderful sights to explore. Guests can enjoy a relaxing massage, lounge in the sauna, or sit in the outdoor hot tub the spa treatment center. Outside the Inn, explore the boutique shops in Camden, stroll the boardwalk, visit the Farnsworth Museum in Rockland or head up to the Belfast (just a 15 minute drive from the inn), and explore one of the most vibrant, seaside artist colonies in Maine. All solo travelers will get a 10% discount. Solo traveler mid-week rates start at $150/night.
- Solo Traveler’s Savings (Glynn House Inn, Ashland, NH) – Solo travelers’ staying two or more evenings will receive a 15% discount OFF regular rates (rates range from $159 - $289 per night). Rates include gourmet breakfast, afternoon refreshments, wine and Hors D’oeuvres, local activity discounts and access to a DVD library. Venture away from the Inn and experience the delights of New Hampshire. Shoppers are spoiled for choice – antiques, art galleries, crafts & more – all tax free; outdoor recreation - boating, fishing, golf, hiking, skiing, and snowmobiling; scenic drives along tranquil New Hampshire lanes and fine dining.
Additional Solo Traveler Packages can be found online.