Turtle watching, building pirate ships and cooking up a fresh local catch are not your average fare for a company meeting. Just as desks, computers and spreadsheets don’t jibe with a day at the beach. But at Kimpton’s 113-room Vero Beach Hotel & Spa, flowcharts rise with the tides and group meetings are taken “Beyond the Boardroom,” with complimentary activities to discover the area’s indigenous pleasures and a selection of savings incentives.
Located on Central Florida’s sun-drenched Treasure Coast, between Orlando and Palm Beach, Kimpton’s oceanfront Vero Beach Hotel & Spa sets the stage for great discoveries and business outcomes. Whether planning an executive brainstorming meeting for four or a training seminar for 60, the newly-launched “Beyond the Boardroom” program offers groups special meeting perks and fun activities that provide great savings while further engaging guests in team building experiences that are out of their element, away from the conference room and immersed in the wonders of Vero Beach.
With accommodations starting at $99 per night, “Beyond the Boardroom” offers groups a selection from one of the following native Vero Beach activities:
- Earth to Vero: Green meeting room set-up & Environmental Learning Seminar (ELS). ELS features a choice of a “Moonlight Turtle Walk” on the beach to watch turtles nesting with night vision goggles (seasonal) or on-site “Paws-On Interactive Animal Experience” with South Florida wildlife.
- Cook a Local Catch: Evening, beachside cooking class with fresh local fish. Taught by Sous Chef, Bradley Willits from the hotel’s Cobalt Restaurant, the class is presented Iron Chef-style, allowing groups to team-up at a station and create delicious fare infused with the exotic flavors of South Florida.
- Cardboard Pirate Ship Regatta: Teambuilding competition to build your own life-size cardboard ship. Once complete, one member from each team enters their ocean-going “vessel” and races 20 yards out, around a buoy and back to the beach.
As part of Kimpton hotel’s customized meeting program, groups may also select one favorite from Kimpton’s “Pick Your Perks” menu:
- 10% off EVERYTHING “master account” including audio visual, room rental and food & beverage
- Oceanfront Suite VIP upgrade for every ten room nights
“The charm and natural appeal of Vero Beach inspired us to offer complimentary activities, exclusive to the area and our resort that would afford group business travelers an extraordinary escape within a new and refreshing environment,” says Marco Scherer, General Manager for the Vero Beach Hotel & Spa. “While discovering Vero, groups will bond through one-of-a-kind team-building experiences, producing an unforgettable retreat that still retains the attentive service and precision provided by our meeting planners.”
The Vero Beach Hotel & Spa offers a variety of meeting venues including: the Shoreline Room, an oceanfront banquet space and patio for up to 70 guests; the Executive Board Room for meetings up to ten; and Cobalt restaurant’s private dining room that can accommodate up to 35 guests. Vero Beach Hotel & Spa’s signature group offer, “Beyond the Boardroom,” is available to all group meetings of up to 60 guests. Groups can further enhance their experience by opting for one of the Kimpton brand’s Signature Meetings which include: Elements of Wellness, Fun Worship, Earthcare and Degrees of Discovery.
Those looking to further explore the barrier island can enjoy a number of activities including endless beachcombing, biking along the Indian River and Historic Jungle Trail, kayaking the Indian River, fishing, diving, and world-class art installations at the Vero Beach Museum of Art. Vero Beach offers spectacular nature preserves with environmental highlights like the Environmental Learning Center, Pelican Island Wildlife Refuge (the nation’s first wildlife refuge), and nearby McKee Botanical Garden.
For more information on group meetings at the Vero Beach Hotel & Spa contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 772.469.1063. For more information about Kimpton’s Vero Beach Hotel & Spa, visit www.verobeachhotelandspa.com or call 1-866-602-VERO.
Facebook users can visit the hotel at www.facebook.com/verobeachhotelandspa